Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Vision Rescue


I know I promised you an ‘ode to a Mumbai train’ but until that is finished, I thought I would give an update on the serious side of my time in Mumbai, and that is helping with Vision Rescue.

This is an organisation who help the members of the community who have been given a raw deal in life. They work with Drug Addicts and Sex Slaves among others, but the area in which I am helping them is the aid that they 
offer to street kids. These little guys are aged anywhere between 1 and 12 and without Vision Rescue, their lives would be considerably meeker.VR owns 5 vehicles – 3 buses (which have been converted into makeshift classrooms) and 2 medical vans (one dental, one general medical aid). These are driven around to designated areas in Mumbai and when that destination is reached, the kids are taught a lesson and fed a nutritious meal.

Yesterday I got the opportunity to go on the buses for the first time, and it was a truly fantastic experience. Because of a big day today when all the kids from each site (300+) were invited for a Christmas program, there were no lessons yesterday - meaning that there was a bit of spare time for us to do what we wanted and we decided to make the most of the opportunity. There is currently a team from Durban, South Africa here and together with them, I was able to tell these kids the good news of Jesus. Some of the South African girls taught the kids a Zulu worship song and then with the help of my translator JP, God was able to use me to teach these kids about what Jesus has done for all of us.

It was just a simple message, but it was an enormous privilege and you never know what seeds it may plant in these kids’ lives. God is truly great!

Prayer Points







·         Praise God for being AMAZING!
·         Thank God for the work of Vision Rescue
·         Thank God for giving me the opportunity to work with them
·         Thank God for the growth in local Mumbai Churches
·         Thank God that the Christmas program will be a success
·         Thank God that I have been able to find consistent internet
·         Ask God that I might be able to help VR in their sport ministry
·         Ask God that everyone worldwide will remember the true meaning of Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment