Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL

OTHER BLOG ENTRY BELOW IS A CATCH UP

So, first day and I want to get stuck into what I’ll be doing for the time I’m at the school. However when I get there, I find out that ‘IG day off’ falls on a Monday (I am an ‘International Guest’, hence IG). So instead of doing anything useful, the other IGs and myself hired some motorbikes and drove up to a lookout at the top of the second highest mountain in Southern India.

View from top of the mountain, Ooty is closer to the shot, towards the right but is blocked by the shrubbery

Today I found out what I will actually be doing at the school while I’m over here. I had a brief understanding that I would be helping them out with whatever they need, but that seems as vague to me as it does to you.
So, I might as well pass on to you what I will be doing…
  • PE Department – lending a helping hand, to help teach classes and run sporting activities for the different teams at the school.
  • Bible Study groups – There are a whole host of different prayer groups and bible studies floating round the school, and some are run by the school in the other parts of Ooty. I had the amazing experience of witnessing a Christmas concert by some of the kids from one of the local bible study groups (see video)
  • Anything else that needs to be done, I’m the man for it apparently.





Prayer
Thank God for the time I was able to spend with the kids over the last couple of days and the bonds which we started to create

Thank God for the provision of internet and mobile phone access

No comments:

Post a Comment