Thursday, February 10, 2011

I'm, I'm, I'm, I'm sti-ill alive - sti-ill alive...



Sorry to remind you that men can sing that high, but the Bee Gees summed up this post in a lyrical format a few decades ago. Just thought I would let you know as it is about time I blogged something.
I am still kicking which is encouraging. 

We're back into the swing of things at Hebron School in Ooty and it would seem that teaching is my new profession. I am taking all the year 7,8,9 girls PE as well as a couple of older boys classes and I am also telling the year 12 Business Studies class what Marketing is all about.

Back to important matters though. Many of you will recall my disappointing day on the field during the last student staff cricket match (link here). The good news is that I have two chances to redeem myself next week with two more games on the Tuesday and Thursday. With no formal cricket of any sort since the last game I could be a little down on form which is sending worrying thoughts around the staff team.

Ricky Ponting tries to shift the focus away from his broken little finger, and
thus creates the biggest ear we've seen on the cricket field since
Adam Gilchrist. Thanks to my friends at CrickBlog.com for the picture.
I have decided to focus on the positives though and my aim is to back up the Australian selectors in their assertion that just because someone hasn’t played cricket in two months (Ricky Ponting) they can still compete at the highest level. Admittedly, the ICC Cricket World Cup might not have the intensity of a Hebron School Staff v Student game, but if I succeed in any way shape or form (1 run, catch or wicket will do) then I will declare the selectors’ decision vindicated and will proceed to nominate Ponting to be the Player of the tournament at the World Cup.

My tip? I will fail miserably. Therefore Australia better not be reliant on their skipper to bring them success on the subcontinent.

Prayer Points
Thank God for the time he has blessed me with in India
Thank God for my safety and good health
Ask God for wisdom as I teach the students
Ask God for continued safety during my time in India
Ask God for guidance as I speak at Assembly and the Student Prayer breakfast next week

No comments:

Post a Comment